Secure Record Retention in New York City
Although the majority of business documents are handled digitally these days, paper records and documents are still a very important part of any company. Unfortunately, space is at a premium in New York City, NY, and most businesses don’t have the space required for the safekeeping of a large number of documents, some of which are required to be kept by law.
U.M.C. Moving Company, Inc. is dedicated to offering secure record retention services as a solution to the problem. Our large facility allows us to track, manage, and secure your most important files utilizing state-of-the-art software that allows you to keep track of the movement and access history of every box, file, or tape you entrust to our care.
What to Look for in a Record Storage Service
When it comes to the sensitive nature of your files and documents, it’s essential to hire a respected company with the experience, technology, and security measures to ensure their safekeeping. U.M.C. Moving Company, Inc. offers a wealth of benefits for the off-site storage and security of your belongings, including:
- Space: When you store records and library media off site, you instantly gain access to all the available space in your property. You will no longer need to worry about working around the growing number of records you must store as your business continues to operate through the years.
- Security: Off-site records management offers a level of security that can be difficult to achieve on site. When you store your records with a professional file retention service, you will enjoy the peace of mind of knowing your records are stored securely in a facility designed to protect your documents from theft, fire, flood, and other potential issues.
- Longevity: Records stored in an off-site facility are kept in optimal conditions to protect their longevity. Your records and other media will be kept in a cool, dry environment to ensure they will not deteriorate over time.
- Convenience: Although your records will be stored off site, they will be organized and easily accessible at any time. Through the use of professional tracking software, you will know which records have been accessed, when, and by whom. You will be able to find the documents you need quickly and easily, making professional record retention a convenient solution.
Important Records to Retain: Financial & Medical Record Storage
As a business owner, your company is typically subjected to stronger retention requirements than individuals are. Knowing which records you need to hold on to can minimize the risk of loss or destruction of important documents.
Some of the records you’ll want to consider retaining in a secure, off-site facility include:
- Annual financial statements
- Purchase and sale receipts
- Corporate documents including your business’ incorporation documents, constitution and bylaws, charters, and meeting minutes
- Any licenses, patents, copyrights, or trademarks held by your company or employees
- Property mortgages or leases
- Tax information such as returns and audits
Remember, certain documents are required to be kept for a set amount of years by law, such as patient and client information. U.M.C. Moving Company, Inc. makes it easy to keep track of and store these documents, allowing you to free up much-needed space within the office and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your valuable records are safe and secure.